Didn’t grab a spot at Volumes Bookcafe for the first annual Chicago Review of Books Awards Ceremony tonight?
No problem. We’re streaming the whole thing in beautiful HD on Facebook Live.
For you Luddites who’ve never used Facebook Live, just visit our Facebook page tonight at 7:30 p.m. central on your computer, phone, or tablet. The live stream will be at the top of our page, and all you have to do is hit “play.”
We’ll be giving out 4 awards and speaking with 22 (!) of Chicago’s best writers about their books and their craft, including:
- Wesley Chu, Time Siege
- Abby Geni, The Lightkeepers
- Mary Robinette Kowal, Ghost Talkers
- Chris Abani, The Face: Cartography of the Void
- Ethan Michaeli, The Defender
- Natalie Yvonne Moore, The South Side
- Toni Nealie, The Miles Between Me
- Mary Wisniewski, Algren: A Life
- Zoe Zolbrod, The Telling
- Nate Marshall, 1989: The Number
- Tony Fitzpatrick, The Secret Birds
- Phillip B. Williams, Thief in the Interior
- Abigail Zimmer Christian, child in a winter house brightening
- Kim Brooks, The Houseguest
- Jessica Chiarella, And Again
- Maryse Meijer, Heartbreaker: Stories
- Ada Palmer, Too Like the Lightning
- Martin Seay, The Mirror Thief
- T. Sean Steele, Tacky Goblin
Plus moderators Lori-Rader Day, Ruben Quesada, Jonathan Maunder, and Adam Morgan!
Adam Morgan is the founding editor of the Chicago Review of Books and the Southern Review of Books. His essays and criticism have appeared in The Paris Review, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Chicago magazine, and elsewhere.