Are you passionate about diverse voices and genres in literature? Do you wish small, independent, and university presses got just as much attention as the Big Five publishers? You can help the Chicago Review of Books and Arcturus make the literary world more inclusive by becoming a member, patron, or sponsor. Each option comes with its own perks and exclusive content.
Since we launched in 2016, all of the CHIRB’s expenses have come directly from the pockets of its editors. Obviously, that’s not a sustainable funding model as we continue to grow, so your contributions will help us pay for all of the following:
- interview and event transcriptions
- live-streams of Chicago literary events
- the annual Chicago Review of Books Awards Ceremony for local authors
- site hosting and domain fees
- our presence at conferences like AWP and festivals like Printers Row
- our application process to become a nonprofit organization in the near-future
Membership. As an exclusive member of the Chicago Review of Books, you’ll have access to all the benefits below for just $25 a year. Click here to become a member today.
- The members-only Tuesday Reads Newsletter, which helps you stay on top of the best new books published each week
- Access to exclusive online content, like “The CHIRB Guide to Reading More Books Each Year” and “The CHIRB Guide to Reviewing Books”
- Unlimited, year-round submissions to Arcturus, our literary magazine (normally, individuals can only submit once every 6 months)
- Discounts on the CHIRB’s ticketed events
- Discounts on CHIRB merchandise when our online store opens later this year
- First dibs at free tickets to the annual Chirby Awards, Chicago’s biggest literary event of the year
- The knowledge that you’re helping the Chicago Review of Books cover more diverse voices, genres, settings, and ideas in literature
Memberships are annual (12 months from purchase date) and are NOT automatically renewed after the annual period expires, so you don’t need to worry about opting out or canceling anything next year.
Patronage. As an official patron of the Chicago Review of Books, you’ll have access to all of the benefits of a member listed above for $100 a year, plus:
- A linked listing on our “About” page to a website of your choice.
- Our eternal gratitude.
Click here to become a patron today. Patronages are annual (12 months from purchase date) and are NOT automatically renewed after the annual period expires, so you don’t need to worry about opting out or canceling anything next year.
Sponsorship. When your organization becomes an official sponsor of the Chicago Review of Books for $500 a year, we’ll provide the following:
- A linked logo in the “Sponsors” section of the site (righthand sidebar, appears on every page)
- A linked logo on our “About” page
- Printed logos on all of our promotional materials during the 12-month period at events, conferences, festivals, etc.
Click here to become a sponsor today. Sponsorships are annual (12 months from purchase date) and are NOT automatically renewed after the annual period expires, so you don’t need to worry about opting out or canceling anything next year.